GDPR Concerns? Join the Data Compliance Scheme!
You have no doubt heard of the potential for fines of up to 4% of global turnover for failing to comply, has anyone told you how to ensure you are compliant? Without any cost or commitment on your part we would be delighted to help you understand your responsibilities and enable you to fulfil your obligations.
With the days rapidly counting down before the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) comes into force, check now to make sure you comply.
Unwanted or redundant equipment is cited as one of the biggest risks when it comes to potential data breaches. The good news is that there is a simple and cost-effective solution regardless of the size of your organisation or the types of data storage and equipment employed. On the 25th May GDPR will be enforceable and you must not only understand your responsibilities but have ensured that all preparatory action has been taken to protect yourself and your business.
Talk to us for your Simple Solution – Join the Data Compliance Scheme today
Getting up to speed and making sure your data bearing assets are disposed of correctly can seem like a minefield. Take a deep breath and let us break down the requirements for you.
What do I need to ensure my data is disposed of in the right way to achieve GDPR compliance?
The new regulations focus on internal processes and risks and how these contributing factors are documented and assessed. Making sure you have a compliant asset disposal company acting as your data processor is crucial to avoiding risks with your data. GDPR requires that data processors must:
- Have a detailed service agreement with the data controller
- Provide sufficient guarantees, in terms of expert knowledge and ability to deliver the service; including appropriate technical and organisational measures
- Adhere to an approved code of conduct
- Adhere to an approved certification mechanism
- Regularly test, assess and evaluate the effectiveness of their measures to ensure the security of processing
- Be dedicated to notifying the controller without undue delay after becoming aware of a personal data breach
If your current data processor has not guided you through this process, don’t worry; contact AssetCare and we will make sure you are covered. In response to the changing landscape of data protection AssetCare have launched the Data Compliance Scheme giving our clients the peace of mind that their asset disposal process and provider are compliant with the latest regulatory demands.
Data Compliance Scheme Benefits
- Regulatory and compliance updates
- Dedicated customer online account portal
- GDPR compliant redundant IT collection service
- Discount on your next collection
Upon joining the data compliance scheme every member receives a welcome pack including:
- Certificate of Data Compliance
- GDPR Checklist
- WasteCare Group Overview
- GDPR Guidance Notes
- Signed Service Agreement assistance