There is more pressure than ever to cut major costs- and to keep your office running smoothly. Using the very latest technology is a must if you want to compete: but the cost and difficulties of upgrading old systems can put management teams off committing to a hardware upgrade. Nonetheless, the continued use of out-of-date systems can impact efficiency, performance, and morale, as well as leaving your company open to hacking or other cyber-attacks, and can lead to irretrievable data loss or file corruption from inadequate, obsolete software. Meanwhile, an upgrade to the latest IT systems can lead to a massive jump in productivity, staff morale improvements and boost performance, service quality and image. Above all, it gives you the edge over competitors and keeps your data secure.
With an increasing proportion of business and institutional management co-ordinated or taking place entirely online, keeping your company’s systems running fast, securely and without problems means your hardware performance is now a serious consideration, whatever your field. However the costs of replacing this hardware, even when necessary, can be prohibitive, and the hassle of organising a replacement equipment across the board can be considerable.
Desktop and laptop recycling is fast becoming central to meeting the tech upgrade needs of companies everywhere.
The tech recycle timeline
How office computer and laptop recycling can be used to fund your IT upgrade (and protect the earth)
Obsolete tech? Recycle it with Asset care to cover costs, protect data and keep the environment clean. Here are the steps your technology undergoes at our computer recycling facility:
- You send us a list of your redundant items or we can do a site assessment. The more information we can obtain, the more accurate our evaluation will be
- We discuss your options and make you aware of the value of your assets
- If you wish to proceed we arrange a collection via one of our AssetCare service options
- We list, data overwrite (Blancco), clean, test and perform a full identity removal from the equipment in preparation for resale
- All associated asset tags and manufacturers serial numbers are logged on our bespoke tracking software for reporting purposes
- Once processed, we will raise a self-billing invoice in line with our original assessment
Why choose AssetCare?
- We sell equipment using a multi-channel marketing system to remarket your assets with the maximum exposure. With 25 years of experience we have a proven track record of providing maximum financial returns to public and private sector organisations
- Safe and responsible Data Sanitisation using Blancco software that can produce individual certificates upon the eradication of data
- We have our own bespoke tracking software that will provide you with a report of all of your remarketed equipment. Reports can be customised to detail information specific to your business requirements (Make/Model/Asset Numbers/Serial Numbers/Specifications etc.)
- Nationwide Corporate IT Asset Management
- All electrical equipment is collected, transported and stored in a responsible and safe way, in full compliance with UK law including the WEEE Directive and Data Protection Act.
Yet computer recycling is not just about that all-important bottom line: it’s also about being environmentally friendly
By pursuing a tech or computer recycling policy you’re helping avoid the harmful dumping of potentially reusable, materials in landfill. By giving your used machinery a new lease of life to prevent needless waste of the often finite materials used in the manufacture of hard drives and circuit boards, you’re promoting your company or institution as an environmentally friendly organisation. Desktop and laptop recycling prevents unnecessary waste and limits the amount of non-biodegradable waste going into landfill: something that
going into landfill: something that should give your staff a sense of pride.
This is why IT recycling increasingly features in the tech upgrade plans of successful companies and institutions. If you think a tech recycle programs could enhance the benefits of your IT system upgrade, speak to AssetCare today to discover more about the benefits of computer remarketing services.
It’s Secure & Safe
Computer remarketing services from AssetCare provide the perfect balance between cost-effective decision making, and fast & efficient upgrades in your IT, recycling the waste to avoid harming the environment. But in addition to this service we provide one of the most comprehensive and thorough specialist data protection procedures available as part of our IT recycling. Computer recycling that’s not just balanced with security, but prioritises it, ensures your confidential data is always secure. Our team of security vetted
experts operate some of the most sophisticated physical destruction equipment available from within our secure facility- ensuring sensitive information is protected. We use a combination of Blancco data wiping software- as favoured by government agencies and major corporations in the UK and around the world- with a complete hard drive shred, meaning our tech recycle & refurbish procedures can get underway know that any secure data that had been stored will be irretrievable.
We have used AssetCare services for many years now, their service really is excellent and is tailored to meet our many diverse requirements. After a recent visit to their processing facility I am very impressed with their operation and how it has grown over the years.Environment Manager at Leeds Teaching Hospital